• avatar karjunkie 09/28/08 8:56 am PST

Lets go back to your problem. You say you have no spark. Did you pull a plug and confirm this or are you guessing? I ask because the symptoms you mention make me suspect you have a clogged fuel filter or bad fuel pump. Did you change the fuel filter when you did the tune up? If you did, then next check the fuel pump. Turn the key to the on position without starting the car and listen for the sound of the fuel pump from the area of the back seat. If you do not hear the pump pressurizing the fuel system you have a bad fuel pump. If it is working properly, I would next check the crank position sensor or CPS. This sensor often fails from engine heat, causes stalling and will may starting impossible until you let the engine cool. It's usually mounted by a single 10 mm bolt on the intake side of the engine block, hidden behind the starter. Access the sensor from below the vehicle. It helps to use an automotive extension mirror to see behind the starter.

Answers

• debbommer 09/28/08 10:20 am PST

yes i done all above i check each spark plug with a spark tester and nothing happens thought the tester was bad but hook it up to my motorcycle and the tester lights up so i defintly have no spark about the the fuel pump when i turn the key i heard it cut on look under hood and smelled the gas so it cant be the crank sensor all i can think of now is the spark ignition sensor or maybe a fluke that all the coil packs went bad oh i also checked the spark tester straight out of the coils on no spark

OK, we have it down to the spark issue! Have you checked the ignition module bolted to the coil? This is a typical item that fails and is a lot cheaper than the coils. I recommend grabbing one from a junk yard if yours is bad. If the ignition module is good, check the distributor with your tester at the spot where the coil wire attaches. If no spark at the distributor, check the cap and rotor or the igniter on an electronic ignition car. The igniter is frequently an item that goes bad and is cheap to replace. Lastly, check the crank position sensor or CPS. This sensor often fails from engine heat and will make starting impossible. It's usually mounted by a single 10 mm bolt on the intake side of the engine block, hidden behind the starter. Access the sensor from below the vehicle. It helps to use an automotive extension mirror to see behind the starter.