• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 12/06/12 3:16 pm PST

No send them the signed title after you get your check. If you have an insurance agent, you can also send the title to them after payoff.

If you want to play fair, you could authorize the insurance company to move your car out of storage but it should not be salvaged until you've signed over title.

Answers

• llll12 12/06/12 9:53 pm PST

thank you for the advice

I did allow them to get the car from the tow company. I thought it was not right when I was asked to just sign the title over and not date it or record the miles I was asked to leave it blank and sign my name only Im not that stupid I know if I did what they asked I would no longer have any rights to my car

I now dont trust them (liberty mutual) at all I hope this doesnt turn into a nightmare I asked about my cars evaluation and was told they arent done with it yet and to sign title and overnight it back They even gave me paid return postage envelope

My accident was on NOV 25th They picked up my car on Nov 28th It is Dec 6th and are still saying the dont have my evaluation done

Can you give me any more advice you may feel I should know because I dont trust the adjuster My car was a 2003 Jetta GLS with every upgrade available It had the leather package inside where everything was leather; leather heated seats, leather stearing wheel, leather automatic shifter, chrome rims, (not hubcaps) sliding sun roof, monsoon stereo system, accessory nets in the trunk. It had black exterior and black leather interior and was in good condition with close to 150,000 miles

Im worried about the evaluation, because in 2003 there were six different body types of the jetta some models are valuled way below others. Mine was 2003 jetta GLS with they above upgrades I purchased every upgrade available at the time I bought my jetta so all of my upgrades are OEM.

With there being six different body types of the jetta in 2003 Im worried they are going to try to lowball me on the value Exspecially now that I was asked to sign and overnight title without dating it and without entering the odometer miles.

you can check on the value of your car by using Edmunds True Market Value tool. It will give you a ballpark estimate. Be sure to plug in the mileage and all the options.

If you aren't satisfied with the settlement, insurance laws give you the right to hire your own appraiser (at your expense), and if that estimate is higher, you have the right to an arbitration hearing (at 1/2 your expense). So it would probably cost you another $500 or so to get to arbitration (appraiser + hearing fees) but you will almost 100% get that $500 back from the arbitrator, even if he doesn't think your case has all that much merit. It's a bit risky but better than taking a lowball.

Top Insurance Claims Experts View More

3. igozoomzoom 115
4. simpilot1 85