• avatar bigdaddy714 02/26/08 8:47 pm PST

If you check with the Jiffy Lube, I'm sure the product that they use to perform the engine oil flush was a HEARTLAND product. If so then there is what Jiffy Lube calls the "best warranty in the industry". iy clearly states that if you are not satisfied with the results of the engine cleaning then you can contact heartland and they will refund you your money, no questions asked. all you need to do is fax them the invoice and they will send you back your money. the fuel system cleaning is also covered by the "best warranty in the industry" as long as it was a heartland product used.

Answers

• dmcginnis 02/25/08 3:18 pm PST

Sounds to me like they put a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank..period! as for the oil system flush, the only time I've heard of an oil system flush was when a quart of engine flush is added to the oil and the engine run for several minutes then drained and fresh oil installed. High mileage engines only that haven't been serviced on a regular basis. What I think? You didn't mention the price paid, but I'll bet it was "up there">

• familyman5746 02/25/08 4:46 pm PST

$46 for the oil system flush.
    $69 for the fuel system flush.

Total with oil change $170.

Gotta love Jiffy Lube!

• tallman1 02/26/08 2:30 am PST

I looked on Jiffy Lube's website (link below) and found a "Fuel System Cleaning Service" but nothing that looked like an oil system flush. Maybe I missed it. :)

Source: http://www.jiffylube.com/autoservices/a
    u...

• prlady1 02/26/08 4:04 pm PST

Before performing any type of maintenance, you should always check the automaker's recommendation, which can be found in the owner's manual and at http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/Main
    t...
    . (The Web page also provides cost estimates for parts and labor.)

• bigdaddy714 02/26/08 8:47 pm PST

Top Fuel System Experts View More