1. Compress auto belt tensioner until hole in piston is aligned with second hole in case. Insert a 0.06 inch diameter wire or pin through second hole to keep piston compressed.
Camshaft Timing Marks
2. Align camshafts to TDC.
Crankshaft Timing Marks
3. Turn crankshaft counterclockwise until timing gear is offset from TDC by one tooth, then install timing belt.
4. Turn crankshaft clockwise until crankshaft timing mark is again at TDC. Turning crankshaft should place all belt slack at or near tensioner.
5. Install tensioner and torque its mounting bolts to 14-18 ft lb , then remove pin.
6. Turn crankshaft two complete revolutions to ensure timing is still correct.
7. Install righthand engine mount and timing belt covers.