Answers

• zolecki 10/26/08 5:44 pm PST

After reading your question, I took an old hub from my 2000 Bravada and took the abs sensor out so I could help you, and its simple. On the hub you will find there is a wire connected to a plastic "thing", that is the sensor, it is attached by one bolt, use a allen wrench to loosen it, then pull the sensor out. Then just reverse the process. When you clamp the wire down to the frame of the vehicle, make sure to leave slack so when you turn the wheel it does not pull the wire out of the sensor.

You may want to get a workshop manual because there are a few tricks to removing and replacing the sensor. Labor rate says only 1.1 hours to replace one wheel speed sensor so it can't be too much work. I only have instructions for the 2WD so I don't want to post them and have them mislead you into doing something wrong, sorry. But it all looks like nut and bolt stuff and handling the new sensor with care and on how to lubricate it.

Your public library should have the repair manual.

Top Brakes Experts View More