Answers

• 0patience 05/14/08 8:43 pm PST

How old is your scanner?

It should read the codes and having the codes read somewhere else shouldn't cause a problem.

Check under the hood of your vehicle on the emissions decal.
    Does it say OBD2 compliant or CAN compliant?

• waves121 05/15/08 9:14 pm PST

Thanks for your response.

First, the scanner is brand new. This is the first time it has been used. Second, the sticker/placard under the hood states: "OBD II Certified."

To offer some additional background, this particular code/problem was read successfully by both the OBD II reader at AutoZone and another unit at a repair shop. My reader, unfortunately, continues to give a "No Link" response, even though I know the reader functions because it successfully linked-up with the computer on two other vehicles and stated "0 Codes" instead of the "No Link" error.

• jamesc43812 04/05/14 12:13 pm PST

I know this question is old, but im researching more into this since I am having this error on a 1998 Mercury Sable LS. So far what I have found out is "NO LINK" error can be caused by a bad ECU. Also the diagnostic port usually run on the same fuse as the Cigar/power port. I suggest checking that fuse and trying again.

Source: Autozone employees. Mechanics local to my area.

Top Mazda Protege Experts View More

4. downtube 60
7. bepperb 25