• avatar docj 05/17/10 4:16 pm PST

This is definitely an Ignition Switch failure.

Replace the Ignition Switch to repair.
    Not the Ignition lock cylinder and key but the Ignition Switch itself.

Doc J

Answers

• mqm 05/17/10 1:55 pm PST

I dont have an answer but my durango is doing the exact same thing. my tv works fine with the headphone but sometimes my radio works and sometimes it does'nt. It is extremely frustrating i have a 2006 model.

• docj 05/17/10 4:16 pm PST

Replace the Ignition Switch to repair.

Doc J

• dcox5939 05/18/10 10:32 am PST

You are absolute correct. Took it in to and had ignition switch replaced and it did correct the issues. Thanks for all your help.

• fraines 12/07/11 9:51 pm PST

My Durango did the same thing. The tilt of the steering wheel effected the turn indicator and the radio would work sometimes but mostly cut in and out. I replaced the ignition switch and it fixed the problem. The switch is only $26.00 at autozone and it only take 5 minutes to replace, easy replacement too. It is located in the steering column. You need a G20 star screw driver ($4.99 at auto zone), a G20 socket will not fit up in the steering column holes under the bottom of the column to reach the screws (3 of them). Pull the plastic tilt lever for the steering wheel towards yourself once sitting in the drivers seat and it will come off. Then just take upper and lower pieces off and the ignition switch is on the left side. You will have to remove 2 other screws that hold the tilt control on to get to the switch. Once the control is moved out of the way, remove the 2 screws that hold it in place, lift the white plastic piece on top of the switch with a flat head screw driver and remove. That it. Easy fix. Your parts place will print instructions too.

Top Dodge Durango Experts View More

7. wasd12 45