Answers

• red_dodge 04/29/08 3:06 pm PST

You will find that a Mid or Full Size sedan with a front bench seat will seat 6 (3x3); I do not know of any new sedans that have a front bench, however older cars do. Im sure you will want to keep in mind the safty issue of having a front passenger in-between airbags. older Station wagons also have a 3rd row rear facing seat that will seat two. Outside of a van or SUV, I would say your options are limited.

• mz6greyghost 04/29/08 3:26 pm PST

Have you seen the Ford Taurus X? It seats 6 comfortably, has a 3.5L V6 with 6-speed automatic, and is built on the Taurus platform.

Or how about the Mazda CX-9? It also seats 6, and is built on a modified Fusion platform. It's won a ton of awards and accolades, and having driven one myself, I can see why. It handles well, has great power from the 3.7L V6, and IMO it feels closer to a car more than a Pacifica does.

• 400idriver 04/29/08 5:43 pm PST

To follow up on "red_dodge"s post, the Chevrolet Impala and various other similar cars (Buicks, mostly)seats 6 in a 3x3 fashion and starts at $22,595. However, I believe you are looking for something with a traditional wagon liftgate back, the Mazda5 is the least expensive ($18k), the most fuel efficient (22/28) but will not have the same power or space as a Pacifica. The only 2008 model year vehicles similar to the Pacifica (FWD or AWD, V6 engine, spacious, around $25k-30k) are the Taurus X and Dodge Journey. There are a limitless amount of car based crossovers to choose from that seat 5. The Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota Highlander, and Honda Pilot all have a third row but are all somewhat bigger than the Pacifica. If you wouldn't mind a little less space, the Mazda5 is as good a deal as any. But it all depends on what you are looking for in terms of fuel economy and space. If you want to stay in the same parameters it is a tossup between the Pacifica and the Taurus X.

• tedebear 04/29/08 6:38 pm PST

"Other than a minivan what is available that seats 6 (2x2x2) and is not a truck based vehicle?"

I noticed that the other suggestions thus far have been for two row seating. You stated 3 row.

I guess by now you know that the Pacifica is being discontinued. However, there's a new kid on the block called the Dodge Journey. It's 3-row a crossover and seats 5 or 7. It will be out later this year. Do a Google search for more information.

BTW, I know you said no minivans but if you haven't driven one lately take a Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan for a test drive. You'll be surprised.

• actualsize 04/30/08 1:26 am PST

The CX-9 does not have a walk-though second row. It is a 2x3x2.

2x2x2 crossovers include the Audi Q7 and the Mercedes R-class. Both are very similar to your Pacifica.

2x2x3 crossovers include the Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook. (The 3-person third row is probably best limited to two adults, in actual practice.)

None of these is smaller than your Pacifica, but all drive lighter on their feet than a large SUV.

The 2-seat middle row is the trick here. Minivans have 'em all day long, but you have indicated you don't want that. All other crossovers have a 3-across bench seat.

Top Crossover Experts View More

6. igozoomzoom 70