• avatar Stever@Edmunds 10/09/09 3:57 pm PST

The 3M kind of film is pretty good stuff, at least for dings. I didn't think it was intended to help with road salt and chemicals.

If you take a lot of pride in your vehicle's appearance, you may like having it. But I doubt that it'll help your resale or that you'll ever get your "investment" back on it.

Whole hood coverage may be overkill. Usually it's just the leading inch or two that suffer the most rock dings.

Answers

• tony78 10/09/09 3:59 pm PST

$ 500.00 you say,,,

You could just give the car a good coat or two of wax like, Meguires, before the winter sets in, then give the car a good cleaning in the spring at the local self serve car wash place.

The salt will start rusting through the cars body in about seven years anyway and with the money you save, that will buy plenty of hot cups of cocoa with the little marshmallows for those cold winter mornings.

Top Paint Experts View More

7. lokki 55