• avatar zaken1 06/06/10 12:34 am PST

I'm replying to your follow up question about the IAC valve here, because they will certainly delete your follow up question; as it was posted as a new topic, when it really is a continuation of the original thread. The only way a follow up message can be posted is to click the "answer this question" button under the original question. If you post it anywhere else; it will be deleted.

Cleaning the IAC valve is likely to correct the stalling; as might all the other items I suggested. Since that valve is so expensive; it is preferable to clean it and its passages than to replace it. I also want to add one additional item, which may also be likely to succeed. It is called the PCV valve. A clogged PCV valve or its hose will richen up the mixture, and lead to stalling.

Answers

This sounds more to me like a clogged fuel filter, clogged air filter, a dirty throttle body, or a dirty idle air control valve.

You can reply in this thread by clicking the Answer this Question button and that will help keep all the information in one spot. Thanks!

Top Engine Hesitation Experts View More