• avatar karjunkie 02/04/10 8:54 am PST

The power steering pump will bleed itself if you simply turn the steering wheel back and forth a few times. Then check again and make sure the level is correct. If you continue to find the level low, you may have a leak in the system that you will want to repair. The most common areas are the hoses that run from the pump and the steering rack in the front of the car just behind the radiator. Look for any wet spots under the front of the car after its been parked overnight.

Answers

• fem38 02/04/10 6:15 pm PST

ok i shall take a look when i get home from work!

it hasnt made any noises today...wil check when i get home thou
    thank you for answering my question!

i will post my results as soon as i can
    thank you

• fem38 02/06/10 6:48 am PST

yes there maybe a small leak under the power steering pump area!

my neighbour will look at it next weekend...what i did was wiped the fluid away with handy towels
    yesterday and took a look at it again this evening and yes it had fluid there so
    i guess theres a leak there

il post the result next weekend if this is stil here for me to do so

thanks again!
    regards dee!

OK Dee. Have the neighbor focus on the hoses that hang below the pump and the steering rack as I mentioned. Usually it is a hose or hose fiting and that is fairly easy to repair. Let me know if you need further help!

• fem38 02/09/10 10:23 pm PST

ok i shall do so!

he will look at my car on saturday and il let you know the result!

could this be caused by over filling or is it just ware n tear?

thank you again
    regards dee

If you had overfilled the power steering reservoir it would just blow out the top as the amount of pressure in the system is huge. This is probably just normal wear and tear. It's not uncommon to have to replace a PS hose.

• fem38 02/21/10 5:37 pm PST

yes it was a hose!and seems to be holding its level well since neighbour changed it!

and no leaks lol thanks for the posivtive feed back guys

thanks dee

Top Steering Experts View More