Answers

Unlike most cars, your variable-ratio steering is electrically assisted rather than driven by a hydraulic steering pump. First, you need to check the two 30 amp fuses on top of the battery in the underhood fuse block that control your power steering. Your owners manual will show you which ones are the right ones. This is the most common problem and the only other problems would be mechanical and set off a trouble code on your dash. Good luck and let us know if you need further help!

• hodenschraber 09/07/10 7:36 pm PST

GSaturn is doing a quiet recall on the power steering modules for Ion models....
    Apparantly, GM dealers are being named as the authorized repair station, but multiple calls to my local GM dealer has resulted in the "I'll call you back" attitude with no further action from them.
    By the way, there are no more Saturn Dealers around...

Source: http://www.fixya.com/cars/t1149372-2004
    _...

• larrycole4 11/18/11 2:47 pm PST

My power steering went out because I helped jump start another car from my front batter location. I should have used the battery in the trunk. My power steering fuse "blew out". It was a very simple fix though. Look in the owners manual for which fuse it was and replace it. Any auto store should have the fuse...

Top Steering Experts View More