• avatar actualsize 03/16/08 3:56 pm PST

35 psi is too high. Look at the placard on the door jamb. Toyota's official recommended tire pressure will be printed there. If you can't find it, look in you owner's manual.

In the past, Toyota employed different tire pressures for front and rear. I think your '98 fits into that category: 29 psi front, 32 psi rear was the recommendation, if I remember correctly.

But don't take my or anyone else's word for it. Look at the door jamb placard and/or the owner's manual for the proper pressure. And whatever you do, don't inflate a tire to the pressure imprinted on the tire itself for daily use--that's the tire's theoretical max inflation pressure. You shouldn't use that unless you were towing a heavy trailer or otherwise fully-loaded.

Answers

• actualsize 03/16/08 3:56 pm PST

Top SUV Experts View More

7. sandman235 195