• avatar karjunkie 08/14/09 8:58 am PST

I am sure if you call Monroe's tech support number and explain your problem they can come up with a replacement shock that works. Measure the diameter and length of the original shock and the supposed replacement shock that you found too short. You can use that info when you talk to the technician at Monroe. The number is

1-734-384-7809

Answers

1-734-384-7809

• paw1 08/14/09 4:53 pm PST

Thanks, Karjunkie! I called Monroe and they said that this shock has a "bump guard" in it that prevents it from extending to its full length until the vehicle's springs are compressed by the weight of the vehicle on the wheels. ( I had the wheels off.) So, I put a jack under the lower control arm and compressed the springs. Then I was able to install the shocks and tighten the stud nut. Sure wish they would put a note with the shocks to explain this! It would have saved a lot of time and aggravation.

Glad to hear you were able to solve the problem! I knew there had to be an answer to this. Monroe makes great shocks in my opinion and they are a world leader in shock technology.

Top Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Experts View More

4. obyone 250