• avatar knowledgepower 09/12/11 1:42 pm PST

You need to contact the RMV and find out how much tax HE will have to pay, I'm sure this guy never expected to sell the vehicle. Yes someone will have to pay the tax and you or him will have to pay it, he should have to pay it upon the sale. If he blinks at paying the sales tax immediately stop the sale.

Answers

• knowledgepower 09/12/11 1:42 pm PST

• braymp 09/12/11 1:51 pm PST

Hi knowledgepower,

My understanding is that both he and I should pay sales tax upon our respective purchases, and I fully intend to do so on my end now, even if he didn't back when he bought it. Does your answer still hold in this case?
    -Mark

I'd avoid dealing with dishonest people like this, no telling what else is not as it seems.

Top Car Buying Experts View More