• avatar mastertech19 04/23/09 6:31 pm PST

take it to a tranny shop but i would say that u have a trans fluid pressure problem like the seals on the pump are bad or a seal inside the trans is leaking by. but they have electical shift so i could be a problem there but doesnt sound like it get it scanned to see if there is any code in the trans computer let me know what u find.

Answers

• mastertech19 04/23/09 6:31 pm PST

Make sure to double check the fluid level. Sometimes after a tranny service, the fluid level will drop after driving the car for a few miles. If the fluid level is ok, you may have a problem with the torque converter based on your symptoms. I'd go by the local auto parts store and get an OBD II scan (most will do it for free) and see what codes you get. Come back and we can advise you once you have ther codes. Good luck!

• rayjohn06 07/21/09 11:03 pm PST

i have 2006 GS300 have 86,000 miles and i have same problem shifting and doesnt have pickup and the check engine lights is on, i went to the Discountautoparts and they checked it for free and gave me the error code:

it was "P2757 Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control
    Solenoid Control Circuit Performance or Stuck Off ".

i just ordered the soleniod from lexus and tans seal and fuild they cost me $192.00
    tomorrow i am gonna get the parts and i will take to my friend he machanic i hope he can fix that

and yeah! when i went to Lexus Service Dept if they can change the solenoid , they told me they cant fix anything inside the trans, they have to change trans and it Cost $4000.

• rayjohn06 07/27/09 12:08 am PST

ok i figure out why solenoid could be bad, big possiblilty is the dirty fuild, i have dirty fuild in my transmission after i open it,i have 86000 miles and lexus told me that i dont need to change the fuild for 100,000 miles

• uclababe 02/05/10 3:25 am PST

Brian,

I have a 2005 ES-330 and I too have been having lots of shifting problems when I accelarate (be it the car is cold or warm - temp doesn't matter). I had a tune-up and trannie flush on it thinking it was that and nothing worked. The lexus tech finally said I just needed to get a new trannie and it would cost approx $4000. I told him he can [profanity deleted]. So I started to do my own research to see if there was a recall or any problems related to the transmissin causing shifting problems. I was out of luck, however I did find this blog of other Lexus discussing same issues. It basically said the shifting problem was caused by a faulty VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/lo
    fiversion/index.php/t4941.html

You can better believe i'm gonna be calling the dealership to tear them a new one. I'm freakin pissed because they have been taking my money making me believe that the shifting problem was just my imagination. Can't wait to drive off on a nice loaner - Road Trip!!

good luck,

mary

• jtiwana 08/15/12 10:41 am PST

Hi, I noticed you
    had the same problem I'm having with my car. I have the same error
    code: "P2757 Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control
    Circuit Performance or Stuck Off ". What happened after you changed the
    solenoid? Did it work? How is your transmission now? Have you had any
    problems after replacing it? I'm going crazy and don't know what to do.

• fabric3 10/31/12 12:32 am PST

I have a 2006 GS300, feels like it is dropping into 1st gear when stopping. Had Lexus replace the solenoid ($800). This did not fix the problem at all. They want $5000 for a transmission. The problems started 4 days after I had the battery replaced. Trying to find a connection as it doesn't seem logical that the transmission should need to be replaced.

You should ask that as a new question, Fabric3. Lots more people will see it that way.

Top Fuel System Experts View More