Answers

• isellhondas 07/28/10 11:40 am PST

In other words, this car has been totalled and it now has a Salvage Title?

It's hard to put a value on it but I will tell you, it's a car few people will buy at any price.

I know I wouldn't touch it but others will disagree.

A "good" repair job? Perhaps, only time will tell and who knows how it would hold up in another accident?

• texases 07/28/10 11:42 am PST

Doesn't sound like you need a Carfax - you think this has bigger problems than a salvage title? As for value, I've heard 50% of wholesale, but that's just what I've heard.

Unfortunately, there is no company like Carfax or NADA that will give values for a rebuilt title because any rebuild could have been done poorly or with substandard parts and there is no way to know that unless you rebuilt the vehicle yourself. I would not buy it and if you own it, I would just keep it providing you know the repair was done right.

All good answers to your question. In addition, some insurance companies will not insure a car with a salvage branded title. Guess why? Some people buy such cars very cheap and then try to collect full value for it after a "theft" or "fire".

Edmunds.com Test-Drives Carfax, AutoCheck and the NICB