• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 12/16/12 9:30 pm PST

Probably a 911. It's a true sports car that you can use as a daily driver and that has very high reliability ratings (unlike the SUVs you mentioned, which are "so so"). Porsche 911 reliability is outstanding, the rest vary a lot.

Of course, if you really need room and storage, you'll have to bite on an SUV--but I wouldn't buy a vehicle just because you need it 5% of the time.

Since your choices are at odds with each other (sports car vs. SUV) you'll have to decide, before you do anything, which percentage of use is likely for each type.

If it's 50-50%, then your choice is difficult and it may come down to a) reliability b) closest dealer or shop c) who else you might have to please in the family.

Answers

• cadillac_luke 12/16/12 8:12 pm PST

Hyundai genesis R-spec.

Check it out, 2012 luxury car of the year, over BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus.
    Don't knock it before you test drive. Adaptive cruise control, navigation and to many other options to list here. Check out this link and seriously look at this car.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-Hyu
    ndai-Genesis-R-Spec-/261124682771?pt=US
    _Cars_Trucks&hash=item3ccc3e7413#ht
    _7289wt_960

• tarc79 12/16/12 9:37 pm PST

Thank you for the advice. I am a single guy, early 30s, no family, no kids. I currently own a 2011 Benz E350 Coupe, which is really a great car. I am just looking for something different. I don't need much space. I am not crazy about speed (never cared for it), but I do love the acceleration when you have a lady in the car. I do care about the image of the car as it portrays the owner's image.

You've got a great car. I'd put the money away for a later day.

Top Car Buying Experts View More