• avatar garyu1 11/23/09 4:25 pm PST

Down stream of that relay is a 30 amp fuse called E/Trailer. Replace that fuse and the trailer brake wiring harness will be hot key on or key off. Next time be careful not to cause a short when you are working with the Kia supplied trailer brake plug in.

Answers

It's a circuit controlled not by a fuse but a relay in a box called the E/R sub box. Your owner's manual should locate that for you. It's a 30 amp relay named "Trailer 1".

• garyu1 11/23/09 7:59 am PST

I found that relay, pulled it and tested it and replaced it. It is working properly but still no power to the hot wire in the plug after you hear the relay pull in. Any suggestions as to where to look down strealm of the relay?

Ah, too bad. I really don't know the vehicle, so I can't say what's next other than to trace the wires from that relay box back to the trailer plug, and look for a loose connector somewhere in the loop. I would expect this is covered under warranty?

• garyu1 11/23/09 4:25 pm PST

Let us know if you find that fuse and I'll make a note for the next person who has this problem. Thanks garyu1 for the heads up!

• garyu1 11/23/09 7:29 pm PST

I found the fuse, replaced it and everthing is as it should be. The fuse is in the engine compartment subfuse box along with the relay.

Top Electrical Fuse Experts View More