• avatar Stever@Edmunds 09/16/11 11:39 pm PST

My cars start a bit better in the morning if I turn the key to ON and wait 5 or 10 seconds before actually cranking them.

You may hear the fuel pump operate if you try this.

Some people say overnight bleed down of the fuel pressure is normal. You may want to check any vacuum lines or the fuel pressure regulator though, since yours just started doing this relatively recently. Guess you can rule the fuel pump out, unless you happened to get a bad one.

In skimming around other answers, it sounds like a coolant temp or other sensor could also be the reason you're having trouble cranking it. This problem seems to flare up more as temps get cooler.

None of this really zones in on why it's starting to stall at red lights though.

Answers

Top Engine No start Experts View More