Edmunds Answers


  • Stever@Edmunds 03/25/09 12:56 pm PST

    Depends on the state, I think. I bought a used car out of state 5 years ago and Idaho wanted to see the title signed over to me and a Bill of Sale. I got that form off their web site. Some states want a separate mileage/odometer statement, but I think most of them are on the back of the title itself. Different states have different rules about who keeps the plates too.

    Here's the NJ DMV page on transferring title.



Top Car Selling Experts View More

Rank Leader Points
1. MrShift@Edmunds 1270
2. Stever@Edmunds 905
3. texases 535
4. morin2 435
5. karjunkie 275
6. knowledgepower 235
7. isellhondas 205