• avatar zaken1 08/18/11 2:12 am PST

Are you sure you're not just looking at the threaded end of the bolts; and the heads are on the opposite side of the caliper? Some recent bolts have a circular outside edge on the head; with a star shaped indentation in the center of the head. These are called Torx bolts; and use Torx bits to remove them.

Answers

• texases 08/18/11 10:30 am PST

It sounds like you really need to get a car repair manual for your Tahoe, from Chilton's or Haynes. It'll have instructions on how to do this.

Do not work on the brakes unless you are very sure what you are doing.

• cort2 08/18/11 11:11 am PST

Thanks for the info. I have done hundreds of brake jobs, this is the first time I came accross this type of bolt. I was hoping someone would know the size torx or allen It was.

Top Brakes Experts View More