Edmunds Answers



  • obyone 05/24/08 12:58 pm PST

    I think this is what you're looking for.


  • MrShift@Edmunds 05/24/08 3:37 pm PST

    Here's an interesting article that might help. Looks like you need to do some homework before you dive in, to determine the type of composite you are working on, and also whethe the type of damage you have will respond to the method you choose.


  • satch347 12/31/13 9:31 pm PST

    if you are going to fix it your self mr. shift is right research is the key if it is a bumper you will need to purchase a plastic repair material that is compatible with all plastics so that determining the type of plastic will not be necassary read and follow all of the instructions.
    if it is what is commonly known as a header panel which is a rigid plastic in most all cars for many years now if it is smooth on both sides yet when broken has fibers inside it is called smc or sheet molded compound and will require a rigid plastic repair material.
    while fiberglass will adhere it is a secondary choice to an smc repair product you may google plastic repair materials and find several sites that will help you


Top Auto Body Experts View More

Rank Leader Points
1. MrShift@Edmunds 3500
2. karjunkie 1450
3. Stever@Edmunds 1115
4. tony78 635
5. texases 525
6. zaken1 455
7. morin2 375