• avatar docj 07/12/11 12:11 am PST

Might not be a bad idea to have the pressure manually checked when the concern is present..
    but they have to remove the pressure sensor and install the manual gauge to do this test.
    Im guessing since they have confirmed oil pressure is within specs,unless something kinky is happening,oil pump is probably ok.
    they usually work or they dont.

My first thought would be to have the Instrument Cluster removed and sent to their qualified certified repair facility to have it checked.The fault may be internal in the cluster..sure wouldnt be the first time ive seen this..not on this model but on GM models...seen many internal cluster failures cause all kinds of concerns...

To answer your question,dont continue to drive this until this is resolved,if it is internal,yes you are going to ruin the engine.doesnt take long with low/no oil pressure to ruin it.

Doc J

Answers

• docj 07/12/11 12:11 am PST

they usually work or they dont.

Doc J

• sawe 03/06/12 10:29 am PST

i would like to find out if you eventually found the problem with your vehicle, i am experiencing the same and wouls appreciate if you can lead me into the right direction

• nero74 04/04/13 3:10 pm PST

hi ive got the same car and engine im no mechanic but my car is in garage engine dead oil pressure light came on in the same day my engine lost all power couldnt start again i was told by rac oil pressure pump failed at garage today saying no compresion it might end up with a new engine just be careful driving it with light on ill let ya know the out come cheers

• johnny130 12/28/13 11:17 am PST

Dear sir , i have a 2006 Audi A3 2.0 FSI and i've been experiencing the same problem of oil pressure light that keeps showing up unexpectably after i drive my car for 20 minutes or so.

Please let me know if you solved this problem

• rickyd632003 12/29/13 3:51 am PST

almost for sure oil pressure switch is fried or overloaded..very easy fix if you have a few bux.