Answers

Do you get a check engine light? I suspect that the purge solenoid valve of the EVAP system is malfunctioning when the tank is filled and staying open. This will cause an over rich mixture and produce the hard start problem you describe. You should go to your mechanic or local auto parts store and have them hook up an OBDII scanner to the car and check for any fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this for free. This will tell you if any specific parts, sensors or modules are malfunctioning and need repair or replacement. It will save you hundreds of $$$ if you know what is wrong before replacing a lot of expensive parts. If you need help with the codes and what they mean, just come back here and we will try our best to help. Good luck and let us know if you have any follow up questions!

• grant816 04/05/09 3:56 pm PST

So far i have not seen a light come on . I will scan it anyway and let you know. I tried just taking gas cap off and puttting it back on and the car starts fine.

It may just be the gas cap then. This is a very common reason for EVAP problems. Try applying a dab of vaseline to the rubber gasket on the gas cap to see if that cures it. Good luck and let me know what happens!

Top Engine No start Experts View More