• avatar hooteruno 05/31/10 1:55 pm PST

you'll find it under the upper plenum of the intake manifold it is very easy to change,first check your fuel pressure,then block off the retrun line to the fuel tank check agian if pressure is very high like 85 or so lbs,this means pump is good if your fuel pressure was low or slightly low to begin with,your problem is the regulator

Answers

Not sure this is your problem. Are there any trouble codes stored?

But, at any rate, the FPR is attached to the fuel meter body and looks rather like a fuel filter

• arodfan2007 05/24/10 11:33 am PST

To follow up I changed the fpr. But I'm still having the same problems. I'm working with my father on the truck and he thinks that the guy who owned the truck before me put the wrong fuel pump in it. When the truck idles its ok, however when you give it gas it starts to cut out. I checked over all the fuel lines and I have no leaks. It seems like the engine is not getting enough fuel to run properly.

• hooteruno 05/31/10 1:55 pm PST

• scanman1 02/04/11 7:18 am PST

As all have said it is under the intake but you can check it for leaking without disasembling intake. th ephysical leaking of it can be checked with a camera the one I have comes from Snap-on. Open the throttle valve, find a way to hold it there. take probe and stick it under the valve toward the drivers side and back, look for wetness about 3 inches back about 1 inch from center below thew regulator. You cant actaully see the reguator but you can see if it leaking, because the fuel will drop down on the lower plane of the intake, do it quickly after you turn off the motor while there is still fuel pressure.

• scanman1 02/04/11 7:57 am PST

You might want to check for clogged catalytic converter. And a resistance test on the injector coils

Top Fuel System Experts View More