1/4in socket wrench and/or extention
Dremel tool or a sharp knife
Flashlight or droplight
1. Get tools ready, prepare with 22mm socket in hand
2. Open car door, pop open glovebox. Grab each side and push in, then pull down to release top portion, exposing the rubber stops.
3. Twist and turn until bottom hinges of glovebox releases, set glovebox aside.
4. Look under the dash to see the felt cover, with a flashlight, spot a nut about middle right of the felt. The small nut is about 22mm in size.
5. Remove nut and drop the felt cover, it's very bendable, but be careful not to break or tear it. Set the cover aside.
6. Crawl down and onto your back, using the flashlight, take a look around the bottom of the HVAC unit and look for a harness that has 5 wires coming out of it. Look for a bolt on the bottom right and a bolt on the top left. Take the 8mm socket and remove the bolts, set them aside.
7. Gently pull out the resistor with harness intact.
8. To remove the harness, take the standard screwdriver and wedge it between the red clip and resistor. Pull until the red clip is clear from the resistor.
9. By now, you should notice that the resistor itself is really skinny versus what you get from the dealership. Don't be alarmed. You need to crawl back and take a look at the insert. You should notice that it's very small, comparing to the new resistor. The hole can be cut with a Dremel or a knife. Don't worry, the plastic is very cheap and easy to break.
10. Reinsert the resistor to insure fit, then replace the bolts.
11. Return the felt cover back, then glovebox