Answers

• patrick88 07/07/08 9:51 am PST

According to the manuals it is in one of three different spots (they really are helpful aren't they!!! :-) The owners manual usually tells general areas because due to different options and accessories installed in different vehicles they may not be able to place it in on specific spot. I think they need to improve their manuals but what do I know.

(1) on the kick pannel (thats on the side where your left foot would rest against the "wall")
    (2) right under the steering column (usually on it, below the dash lip/cover)
    (3) under or even in the glove box

If not in the above areas, ( try my ideas) try on the very end of the dash next to the door, sometimes they are hidden there and you can't see it until you open the door. On the firewall (the part that seperates the engine from the passenger compartment) directly behind the brake pedal.

After locating the fuse box (you will find it, just look real closely, oh, some boxes are covered with a lid and are usually plastic (don't open any of the metal ones, they are usually the computer) ) to open the box just pop it open by moving either the tabs or just prying up. You shouldn't have to remove the dash pannel, just stick your head under it (sometimes its very tight but you should beable to get in to see) at the most you may have to just unscrew a covering piece/pannel.

Let me know how you do.

• rstvnmeagh 07/07/08 10:13 pm PST

I want to thank Patrick88 for his response and I was just about to head out the door to check out the locations he mentioned when Rob at Ed Voyle's Hyundai dealership called in response to an email I sent them and told me where to find the mystery fuse box. It is behind a coin holder (which looks like another ashtray) just to the left of the steering column. All I had to do was open the coin holder and lift up and out (which was easy as pie) and there was the fuse box. I remembered seeing a fuse puller in the other fuse box under the hood so I opened up the hood and used that puller to pull out one of the same kind of spare fuses (15) which was easy and then pulled out (with a little more effort) the bad fuse. After I popped in the new fuse I checked both of my front cigarette lighters and they worked! I was so proud that I was able to do this myself without having to pay someone. Hooray for the internet and helpful people. Rita

• patrick88 07/07/08 10:22 pm PST

Good job Rita! Not too hard was it?
    Now that you accomplished that you can move on to bigger repairs now :-). Some are just as easy once you learn how to do it, if you don't know how to there are a lot of ways to learn.
    Sorry I couldn't give you the exact location of the Fuse box.

• kathiea 08/03/08 2:08 pm PST

I just wanted to chime in that this answer was very helpful to me also. I have a 2006 Hyundai Accent and the lighter and other power socket stopped working. I found this q&a through a search. After reading this, I checked my owner's manual and it did say exactly where to find the fuse box - maybe Accents have less variety. Anyway, I was able to locate and replace the fuse in minutes. I have never done any maintenance on my own car beyond replacing wiper blades, so I'm ecstatic that I fixed this myself!! Thanks! :)

• mazdhyund 09/10/10 7:41 pm PST

Thank you for this question and answer! I couldn't get any help thru any dealers or other websites! Well, I finally found the missing fuse box too (thanks Rita!) but I was trying to fix my turn signal fuse, and it turns out that it isn't blown.. What's the next step? Both left and right are broken, and the arm does click into position, but no signal clicks..
    Thanks

Top Electrical Fuse Experts View More