Answers

There are many luxury cars that would match your ride and room requirements, so to help us help you, could you tell us how much you plan to spend and what type of vehicle you are looking for? Such as 4 door sedan, 2 door coupe, sports car, convertible etc.

• texases 05/13/10 10:10 am PST

You'll need to take some test rides, this comes down to personal choice. If I had to pick one to start with, it would be Lexus. Regardless of make, avoid cars with 'sport' or 'handling' optional packages, they will have firmer/rougher rides.

• cutecaroletx 05/18/10 5:58 pm PST

I have been test driving some of the cars....drove a Lincoln the other day....looked at Lexus, BMWs....Mercdes.....Cadillac and even looked at the Buick LaCrosse.....still trying to figure out which one to buy....the cost has run from 40s to 100s....chuckle

OK, in the range of cars you mention I would look at 3 sedans you may find perfect and offer the most bang for the buck. One is the Cadillac CTS which is probably the best sedan GM has built in the last 20 years. It is stylish and quite reliable. For 2010, Cadillac has redesigned the base engine of the CTS. With direct-injection, the 3.0-liter V6 now offers better fuel economy while maintaining the strong performance the car has been known for. Very impressive car in my opinion. The other sedan I would mention is the Toyota Avalon. The Avalon line has a hard earned reputation as a sensible large sedan, and at higher trim levels, an alternative to entry-level luxury cars. If it's the 2010 Toyota Avalon's near-luxury interior that you're interested in, I'd suggest that you also test drive the new Hyundai Genesis. That car similarly offers an interior that wouldn't be out of place in a Lexus, and a price under $40,000.

• motorstreet 06/01/10 7:28 pm PST

Without knowing what you want to spend I can't be very precise with my recommendations, but there are a few extremely comfortable luxury sedans. The Buick LaCrosse, Toyota Avalon, Cadillac DTS, Lincoln MKS, Lexus LS 460, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, and Volvo S80 are the best I can think of. It's important to consider the seat comfort as well as ride comfort. Volvo has the most comfortable seats I've ever been in.

• slsamg 03/18/12 10:29 pm PST

Personally, I think that old cars like Mercedes Grossers and Rolls Royce's from 70's and 80's have the softest, nicest rides out of any cars. I was driving down a street the other day and saw an old Rolls Royce for less than 10000 dollars. It's a steal really.

Top Car Comparisons Experts View More