• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 10/23/10 1:17 pm PST

Yeah it could be a problem in your PASSLOCK anti-theft system. You may need to have a diagnostic check run on the VTD (Vehicle Theft Deterrent) System with a scanner to find out which of the components has failed. If you have a spare key, try that.

Answers

• steelhead59 10/23/10 1:50 pm PST

Tried the spare key - same result, turns over great but no sign of trying to start.

I do not have a spare fob. I do notice on the dash when I first turn the key on, I get the ICON showing a car door with a Padlock - shown locked. It stays on for a few seconds then disappears. Haven't noticed it before, but it could have been there

Top GMC Sierra 2500HD Experts View More

5. zolecki 25
7. colin_l 10