• avatar subearu 05/20/08 6:49 am PST

So, the question is whether you can put an aftermarket keyless remote start system on your Rogue. Yes, you can. Will it void the warranty on the Rogue? Only if that starter system can be attributed to a failure that happens on the Rogue.

Dealers often send vehicles out to local aftermarket shops for moonroofs and keyless remote start systems, even alarms. Get some other quotes from local shops to make sure your quote isn't just a low ball one. And check with your dealer that they weren't going to install the Nissan one, but rather an aftermarket one.

Though, I have to ask, in this day of high gas prices, why waste fuel by running the vehicle prior to getting to it and going?

-Brian

Answers

• bandit10 05/19/08 9:36 pm PST

What year is your Rogue? If it's still under warranty the dealer should take care of the starter. If it's an item that is no longer in warranty, then you'll have to get an aftermarket accepticle starter that meets Nissan's standards. If so you shouldn't have any problems.

• obyone 05/19/08 10:45 pm PST

Installing the aftermarket starter will void Nissans warranty of the starter. If you're still under warranty why aren't you having Nissan replace it? It is a warranty item unless you blew it up on purpose.

• subearu 05/20/08 6:49 am PST

-Brian

• castiger04 05/20/08 12:22 pm PST

Thank you All,

-Subearu, yes you explained it the best. I will contact my Nissan dealership for further explanation. Reason why I am installing it is I live in Buffalo, NY and park on the street for the winter.

Top Car Warranties Extended Warranties Experts View More