• avatar sylvia 04/15/08 10:20 pm PST

When the buyer goes to register the vehicle, they will be asked the dollar amount paid for the vehicle and be charged tax on that amount at the DMV.

Answers

• sylvia 04/15/08 10:20 pm PST

• bandit10 04/16/08 3:40 am PST

In Nevada the DMV uses the original MSRP of when the vehicle was new, then decides the value of the vehicle at todays date and what they feel is the proper tax to charge on a used vehicle. Say you paid $3,000 for a used car. And tell the DMV you only paid $1,000 they refernce their computer and charge what the computer print out says it's taxable value is. I helped a buddy out of sales tax on the car I sold him. His Wife and I went to the DMV together and I said I was her Brother and gave her the car. I filled out short form. And it worked. No Sales Tax.

Top Car Selling Experts View More