• avatar knowledgepower 09/05/10 1:13 pm PST

Let's get down to the real deal, YES take the car back right now because the bank said so. It's their money not the dealers'. Demand your down payment back in FULL, they will cut you a check which is no problem. If they give you a penney less call the Secrerary of States Office about the matter, there is nothing on the back of a buyers order that says they rented you a vehicle or mileage cost are included when driving their vehicle. Remember THEY put you in it. Do not sign another contract with these clowns because they are showing a weak kneed Finance Department that can't get Bill Gates approved, get your money and go to another dealer.

Answers

• 04350 09/05/10 9:48 am PST

You signed a contract, although it sounds like the dealership is going to shop your potential loan around until they find somebody else to finance you. The dealer does not want to be your lender.

Was your sale contingent on financing being approved at a set rate?

Getting a steady, fulltime job would facilitate getting financing approved.

• hanawy 09/05/10 10:45 am PST

well the thing is i cant afford a 20,000 dollar car with a regular paying job i had two jobs but i just got fired from one so now i wouldnt be able to afford that now im trying to cancel the contract since the first bank didnt approve me do i have to sign a new contract? or can i just cancel whats going on . because when i called the dealer guy he said well since the bank didnt approve you your just going to have to make the monthly payments here in the dealership since the previous contract i signed said i as being financed through the bank now i have to sign a new contract correct?

Whatever you do, do NOT sign anything else. Your signature attests that you agree to the conditions of the contract. You are signing a contract that is legally binding - unless you are a minor or not legally competent. Courts take contracts seriously and so should you.

Examine very closely what you have already agreed to do in the contract that you have signed and the terms, conditions, and contingencies of that contract. Do NOT sign anything else. If you have any doubts, see a lawyer about getting out of the contract with the least financial damage to yourself. You don't want to lose the down payment, but speak to a lawyer to try to recover as much of it as possible.

Do not go & buy another car until you can be responsible to pay for it. Cash makes far more sense in your situation, not financing at the max rate allowed by the state.

• knowledgepower 09/05/10 1:13 pm PST

• hanawy 09/05/10 1:42 pm PST

okay yes actually i work for a collection lawyer and i emailed him my situation he said what there doing is called a "spot delivery agreement" since the bank didnt approve me the contract means NOTHING i would have to sign a new one but ofcourse im not.im going today and demand my money back make a big scene in front of their customers and i will let you guys know how it went thank you so much for your answers i thought i wasnt going to get any answers.. but know since i did sign a real contract can they get in trouble for not telling me that my loan was still pending? and they just let me drive off with the car. pls i need answers im only 19 years old and this whole situation doesnt let me sleep! if they do offer me a new contract am i force to sign or can i say no im not signing give me my money back?

Please read knowledgepower's post right above yours word-for-word and do exactly what he said. DO NOT sign anything else!!!!!! Return the car, demand your down payment, yes, go ahead & make a scene if they refuse to refund your money - its OK!

• hanawy 09/05/10 1:51 pm PST

thank you guys yes i mean i saved up for months for that 4,000 its not fair that they could just take my money and i dnt have a car. i will go right now and i will let you guys know pls learn from my mistake. also one thing that was really weird was when i called the guy who sold me the car and i said well since my contract says i was suppost to get financed with wells fargo and im not anymore since they declined my approval those that mean i get to sign a new contract he got so nerves and even clicked on me and then didnt want to answer my question. thank u guy so much all these answers are giving me hope.

• hanawy 09/06/10 3:16 am PST

Top Car Financing Experts View More

7. boomchek 280