Answers

• madmanmoo 01/07/08 2:24 pm PST

This all depends on which model of Civic you have. If you have a DX, then you don't have an alarm system. If you have an LX or EX, then you do.

When you lock your vehicle, it turns on your factory alarm system. If someone busts a window or opens up one of the locked doors, then the alarm goes off.

You can also manually turn on the alarm by hitting the panic button on your remote.

• greanpea68 01/09/08 4:21 pm PST

Moo you must get emails/alerts when new questions come out. I was just going to answer the same answer! Beat to the punch again.

GP

• bpari005 01/21/08 8:42 pm PST

moo is partially right. I have had my accord broken into before and the security didn't get triggered. Factory security only monitors the doors and trunk. not the windows or vibration. There are dealership parts that can be installed to upgrade the factory alarm, but they never come factory installed. If someone was to break the window and climb in the factory alarm would not go off unless they open the door or trunk. An aftermarket system is the safest bet.

Top Honda Civic Experts View More