• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 05/06/08 12:43 pm PST

Well you need to have the codes read from your car's diagnostic system, (Autozone does this for free) and let us know what they say. A flashing light means you have a serious problem. We have no way of knowing what it can be without a code.

Answers

• tony78 05/06/08 1:35 pm PST

i agree with mr. shift right, when the check engine light is on it is a serious problem, the purpose of the check engine light is to let the owner know that there is a problem with the engine managment/emmision control system. ECM (electronic control module) and PROM (programable read only memory) systems operate using closed loop and open loop operations, these systems use a 'limp' mode which uses basic operating parameters that allow driver to drive to a inspection/repair facility.

• rovin1 05/06/08 3:37 pm PST

hi, you need to have the vehicle scan for DTc. this will give us a guide as to what circuit should be look at.thank you rovin

• donzibrik 01/17/09 1:40 am PST

"I have a 95 Dodge Neon that seems to have a similar problem, an intermittent miss or bogging down of the engine while driving. Car has 105,000 kms and is the standard engine with Auto Tranmission and AC.

I am also getting a code 43-43-55 when I switch the ignition On-OFF-ON-OFF-On. This indicated that the engine is missing, which is exactly what it is doing.

The CHECK ENGINE light is ON.

I have installed new spark plugs, a new used coil, new spark plug wires, a new used PCM, new used injectors, new PCV valve and a new fuel filter.

I have also filled the tank with a 10% ethanonl fuel in case it was water in the gas tank. I also added some fuel additives.

Nothing I have done so far has helped. It continues to run with the intermittent miss.

The car will run fine for a few minutes and then all of a sudden will start missing. It alsmost feels like it is only running on a couple of cylinders.

Sometimes if you ease up or press down on the throttle it will go away. Other times it keeps missing.

It will run fine for 4 or 5 minutes and then start to miss for 30 seconds or so, then run fine again.

I had a couple instances tonight when the CHECK ENGINE light started to flash while I was driving.

Any suggestions or other items that I could look at?

What does the flashing CHECK ENGINE light mean while you are driving." The car is missing quite badly when this happens.

Do you have similar problems like me??

Top Dodge Neon Experts View More

5. ronvpr 45
6. mz6greyghost 35