Edmunds Answers



  • michael157 10/16/11 1:16 pm PST

    sounds like the sensor to your trans has went bad might change it and see how it goes most are located on the left side close to the tail of the tranny if you have changed filter and fluid and seen no metal shavings then tranny is good and its just the switch .....also there is a synchronizer at the top of the tranny right under your shifter that might be bad yes it is inside the tranny but easy to enough to fix check those out and see what goes also your code means 1762 - Gov Press Sen Offset Volts Too Low or High hope this helps


Top Jeep Grand Cherokee Experts View More

Rank Leader Points
1. karjunkie 1295
2. MrShift@Edmunds 1050
3. zaken1 590
4. Stever@Edmunds 265
5. texases 215
6. 0patience 185
7. docj 185