• avatar 2009murano 02/05/08 1:05 pm PST

Nissan Versa has most rear leg room than almost any vehicle.
    Nissan Altima is great for tall people.
    Nissan Sentra is good.
    Nissan Maxima is similar to Altima.

Answers

• 2009murano 02/05/08 1:05 pm PST

Nissan Altima is great for tall people.
    Nissan Sentra is good.
    Nissan Maxima is similar to Altima.

• bepperb 02/05/08 1:37 pm PST

From the looks of it, only Nissan vehicles!

Kidding. For five adults you'll probably want three rows of seats, as riding three wide in the back seat of almost any vechile is uncomfortable for larger adults. Still, you question asks about "cars" and not minivans, suvs or crossovers. So I would go with the BMW 7 Series in the lengthened "l" edition. I'm sure a Maybach would be nicer, but from what I remember the backseat was only for two.

• qbrozen 02/05/08 3:35 pm PST

Well, you asked for MOST comfortably ... which means there is only 1 true answer from any 1 person you ask. My guess is I haven't been in such a car because I would imagine it is something like the aforementioned Mayback or a Bentley or Rolls.

If you want something affordable that seats 5 comfortably, you want a full-size car. That would be something like a Chrysler 300, Lincoln Towncar, or Mercury Grand Marquis. For a step up, I think you have to go WAY up to the likes of a Bimmer 7-series, MB S-class, Audi A8, or Infiniti Q45.

• johnmarchiony 02/05/08 4:15 pm PST

Thanks for all the inputs. I should have excluded the very high end -- not attainable.

FYI, from your input and additional looking, the best candidates I found (and like -- I'm not a Town Car kind of guy) are the:
    > Toyota Avalon (best mileage (19/28) & widest @ shoulder)
    > Dodge Charger (aggressive style, widest @ hip)
    > Chrysler 300 (biggest but worst mileage)
    > Ford Taurus (most leg room)

• nolefan3 02/05/08 7:04 pm PST

Also consider the up and comming (if you can wait a little bit) Hyundai Genesis, or even the Azera. Great warrantee, large vehicle, intriguing styling! Also the toyota avalon would be on my list.

• teachertutor17 03/30/08 2:19 pm PST

We rode all around Texas in a Chevy Malibu. My sister and I aren't exactly thin and either my son or daughter-in-law were with us in the back. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't want to go for a cross country trip in the back seat.

Top Sedan Experts View More